By RAW, what is the longest distance a player character can jump in one leap?
The jumping rules state:
When you make a long jump, you cover a number of feet up to your Strength score if you move at least 10 feet on foot immediately before the jump. When you make a standing long jump, you can leap only half that distance. Either way, each foot you clear on the jump costs a foot of movement.
This rule assumes that the height of your jump doesn’t matter, such as a jump across a stream or chasm. […]
Rules for answering this question:
- Only classes from the books; multiclassing is allowed.
- You can make the character(s) level 20 (if required).
- The jumping character has allies that can aid in increasing the jump distance.
- For starting ability scores, use the standard array of 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8.
- Spells are allowed, preferably without casting Wish (because of its unreliability).
- Shapeshifting is allowed.
- Magic Items are allowed, but only from the official books.
- There is no time limit for preparing the epic jump, although preferably within a day’s worth of preparation.